Not only education, but, quality education is the right of every child. Education in Pakistan comes with a price tag and people with high purchasing power can only afford qualiity education for their children. Education has not been pri sector for government in budget allocation. As per 2013-14 statistics, Pakistan had alocated 2.59% of GDP and Afghanistan with 4.69% and India with 3.9% of GDP were much ahead in the region. According to global monitoring report, Pakistan has 5.1 million children out of school in primary age group(3-5), second highest after nigeria. The situation gets more precarious in rural area, where the percentage of drop outs gets higher. An all out effort from all the segments of the society are needed to improve the situation.
- KIDF Pakistan has started a public school in Village Juglote sai of District Gilgit.
- The school aims to provide quality education in an area, where there is not a single private or government owned school which provides quality education.
- The cost of quality education is high and paying capability of community is very low, thus, requiring a support from the donors.
- Campaign to bring the drop outs to the school in the region, teacher's training and curriculum development are some of the aspects of work in rural area.
- KIDF requires generous support from its donors and supporters to bring a change in education landscape of rural area of Pakistan. Sponsorship in areas of provision of books, stationary, uniforms and other school items as well as the the sponsoring a child education are some of the ways to help and contribute your share in bringing a positive change in society.